At Preferhired, we try to make the referral process as simple as possible so you can focus on the who rather than the how. Taking advantage of free job posting sites is a great way to share an opening with a wide range of potential candidates, especially if you don’t happen to have anyone in your own network in mind for that role.
Once you have created a Preferhired account, follow these simple steps to make a referral and start getting paid those cash rewards today:
How to Make a Referral Using Free Job Posting Sites
- Login to your Preferhired Referrer account.
- Under the menu, click on “SEARCH JOBS” to browse job postings.
- Once you see a posting that you’d like to share on a job board, copy your direct referral link by clicking on one of the blue “SHARE JOB” buttons in the job post.Or click the “DIRECT LINK” button from the list of jobs (this button says “REFER AND EARN” on the mobile view).
- You’ll be given a link to copy and paste into your job board posting that is unique to you. You might want to shorten the link or hyperlink since the unique link will be long.
- There are several popular free job posting sites out there to choose from. Log in to your account with the online job board of your choice and go through their process of posting a job.
- Copy and paste the job description (do not add or add to it) into your job board post, and be sure to include your direct referral link for candidates to click on to go through the application process (so you will get the referral credit). Use something like "Apply Now" to grab their attention with a hyperlink to your unique direct referral link.
- Get paid immediately when your candidate/referral moves through the recruitment process.
Best Practices for Using Free Job Posting Sites
- Keep the job title simple. When candidates are hunting on job boards, the job title is what they see first. It will be to your advantage to have a clear and relevant job title. Don’t add frills or think you’re going to take a jab at some clever wording to try and lure an applicant. On job sites, you want to keep the job title simple.
- Post on multiple job boards. Don’t keep your job post to one site! Be present on multiple job boards where different candidates may be looking so you don’t miss out on potential talent.
- Track your success. Since using a free job posting site is essentially an open call for applicants, you will want to be sure to monitor the kinds of candidates you are drawing in. If you are getting nothing but rejections from the candidates you are referring through certain free job boards, it may be time to rethink your strategy.
- Most importantly, use your specific Preferhired Direct Link.