At Preferhired, we try to make the referral process as simple as possible so you can focus on the who rather than the how. Utilizing Facebook Marketplace is an easy, free way to find potential candidates. It also allows you to narrow down the location, so you know that the people who see your post are in a specific area.
Once you have created a Preferhired account, follow these simple steps to make a referral and start getting paid with immediate cash rewards vie PayPal:
How to Increase Referral Rewards Using Facebook Marketplace
- Login to your Preferhired account.
- Under the menu/navigation bar, click on “SEARCH JOBS” to browse job postings.
- Once you see a posting that you’d like to share on Facebook Marketplace, log into your Facebook account and select Marketplace from the left-hand menu.
- Create a new post by clicking the blue “+ Sell Something” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the “What are you selling?” section, enter the job title of the opening you’d like to share. You’ll be prompted to select a category - select “Services.”
- Add a location to target your audience. If the job opening is for a position in Happy Valley, KS, it would be helpful to set that (or a city nearby) as your location.
- In the description box, you can either summarize the job description, or copy and paste what is shown on the Preferhired listing. Make sure to include "Apply Now" text at the bottom of your post that links to your unique direct referral link (see step 11 also).
- If you have a relevant image to include, a photo may give you a greater chance of your post being noticed.
- Post the job listing and make sure your Facebook messenger is turned on so you can field questions/interest in your job listing.
- If someone reaches out via FB vs. applying directly to your posting that you’d like to refer, it’s time to send them your unique direct referral link.
- Copy your direct referral link by clicking on one of the blue “SHARE JOB” buttons in the job post when logged in
Or click the “DIRECT LINK” button from the list of jobs (this button says “REFER AND EARN” on the mobile view).
12. You’ll be given your unique referral link to share with your candidates/referrals to go through the application process.
13. Get Paid immediately when your referrals moves through the recruitment process.
Best Practices for Using Facebook Marketplace
- Pre-screen before referring someone. Just because someone sends you a Facebook message doesn’t mean you should necessarily refer them. Communicate with them to make sure they are really interested. You can even check out their Facebook profile as a bit of pre-screening before deciding if you’d like to make them a referral.
- Since job seekers will be searching and browsing based on location, Facebook Marketplace is a great way to focus on a specific market when looking for candidates.
- Facebook Marketplace orders items based on the Facebook user’s interests and previous online activity. So, if someone is actively looking for a job online, they’ll likely see Marketplace job posts towards the top of their list. This makes it easier to reach your targeted audience without any additional work on your end.
- Most importantly, use your specific Preferhired Direct Link. This is the only way to ensure you get paid for your efforts!